KUNM Call In Show Thu. 2/20 8a: What is public health? Maybe the term makes you think of vaccinations or controlling and preventing diseases like diabetes and influenza. But the field is much larger than that.
Call 277-5866 in Albuquerque or toll-free 1-877-899-5866.
KUNM’s Public Health New Mexico project is exploring a wide range of public health issues in New Mexico, especially the impact of policy on people. We are proud to launch the project website today, publichealthnm.org.
We’ll explore the many facets of public health this week on the KUNM Call In Show. What do you think of when you hear the term “public health”? What public health issues fly under the radar and need exposure or discussion?
We’d like to hear from you! Email email@example.com, post your comments online, or call in live during the show.
- Jane Peacock, Public Health Division Director, New Mexico Department of Health 505-827-2393
- George Schroeder, Manager, Bernalillo County Health & Social Services, 505-314-0326
- Leigh Caswell, Presbyterian Health Services, 505-227-6317
- What is Public Health?
- CDC Ten Great Public Health Achievements in the 20th Century
- CDC Food Safety
- U.S. HHSD Q&A’s about Public Health
- U.S. HHSD Tobacco Strategic Action Plan
- VIDEO: American Public Health Association “Environment, Health, You”
- NM DOH Strategic Plan 2014 -2016
- NM DOH Immunizations
- NM DOH Food Safety
- NM DOH Public Health Data and Maps
- New Mexico Drinking Water Interactive Map
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Water Utility Authority
- Community Toolbox of Public Health Services (University of Kansas)
- Immunization Action Coalition